Orthopedic TechnicianListed January 2, 2020 Job Type Physician Group Dept. Orthopedics Facility Blue Course Drive Status Full Time PCN 56.75210.650012.001
- 1) High School Diploma or equivalent required; Clinical education, skills, experience equivalent to needs of practice required.
- 1) One year of medical office and patient care experience preferred.
- Performance Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1) Good understanding of excellent patient service.
- 2) Resourcefulness, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are essential.
- 3) Knowledge of and efficient use of computer system and its clinical related aspects.
- 4) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- 5) Knowledge of office procedures and medical terminology.
- 6) Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
- 7) Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
- 8) Ability to assist in performing a variety of treatments and procedures, taking vital signs and recording and maintaining test results.
- 9) Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- 1) BLS certification required.
Provide care to patients as directed by the provider, including preparing patients for examination, administering medications, assisting provider with procedures and performing various tests. Responsible for placing patients in exam rooms and preparing them for provider visit, assuring efficient patient flow and assisting providers as needed. The Orthopedic Technician will actively participate as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
Day; 8 hr shifts
- Hours and weekends subject to change based on needs.
- Please attach a current resume when applying.
No Weekends; No Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org