- Req. Number: 2019-25871
- Posted Date: 12/14/2019
- Shift: 2-Evening
- Work Schedule: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Hours: 48 hours per pay period
- Address: 1015 West Baltimore Pike
- City, State: West Grove, PA
- Department: Nursing Administration
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
Provides oversight for multiple hospital departments in the absence of unit management. Addresses patient care, staffing, and any other issues that may arise. Supervises nurses and staff and takes administrative responsibilities. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in nursing
- Certification as a registered nurse (RN)
- 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- This position requires BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications
- This position is for 3-11 shift with rotation if needed
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Critical care experience required
- This position will also require weekend and holiday rotation