What You Will Do:
NURSE SUPERVISOR (RN) – SJMC
Part Time (0.3 ftes), Rotating Shift
We are seeking a NURSE SUPERVISOR (RN) to join our nursing team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
The Nurse Supervisor serves as the on-site administrative resource for the facility during evenings,
weekends, nights, holidays and other designated time periods.
- The Nursing Supervisor collaborates,coordinates, and communicates with administration, physicians, nursing management staff, patient and support services and external agencies to facilitate the delivery of quality patient care.
- Clinical expertise in ED or ICU, preferred
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services, requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Compliance: Understands regulatory requirements with regard to compliance and all other laws and regulations that apply to the organizational operations (e.g. Code of Conduct) and how these regulations apply to the individual’s role/ department/ unit.
Proactive in addressing compliance issues; reporting through appropriate channels such as supervisor, chain of command and Ethics Point. Completes mandatory introductory and ongoing training within the specified timeframes. Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs). Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
CLINICAL PRACTICE: Through knowledge of nursing policy and practices ensures unit specific scope of practice is adhered to and ensures nursing care is practiced and documented according to Patient Care and Nursing Policies. Promotes patient advocacy and ethical decision making. Demonstrates clinical expertise ensuring patient
safety, promoting efficiency and competence in emergency situations. Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration working effectively to coordinate patient care and ensure excellent customer service.
EFFICIENT USE OF RESOURCES TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE AND SAFE PATIENT CARE: Provides clinical support to hospital staff. Coordinates staffing of the nursing units and rounds on patient care units. Facilitates bed meetings and coordinates patient bed placement/patient flow. Acts as liaison between patient units and other departments. Works to alleviate the initiation of YELLOW or RED alters by resolve bottlenecks in patient flow. Coordinates and facilitates all acute-to-acute care transfers. Serves as administration representative as needed.
As a Registered Nurse at UM St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BSN in Nursing (required)
- BLS, ACLS, and currnet State Registered Nurse License
Experience and Skill Needs:
- 2 - 4 years Experience in a supervisory or lead clinical role. (Required)
- 0 - 1 year Clinical expertise in ED or ICU. (Preferred)
- 6 - 9 years Experience in a supervisory or lead clinical role. (Preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on
Powered by SmashFly