We are currently hiring for a Full Time (80 hours bi-weekly) experienced Family or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner for the Urgent Care Centers - qualified candidates will rotate as needed between our 7 Urgent Care Locations in the Philadelphia Area: Bensalem, Flourtown, Willow Grove, and Philadelphia (Grant Avenue, Rittenhouse, Smylie Times, Washington Square). This position will be a mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts as needed.
The primary function of the Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner is to provide care to patients in the Urgent Care under the supervision of the attending Physician.
Essential Functions (include, but are not limited to):
- Completed focused history and physicals on patients in the urgent care center
- Order and interpret EKGs, X-rays, and POC testing done at the urgent care center
- Perform procedures related tothe chief complaint of each patient including but not limited to laceration repair, incision and drainage of abscesses/cysts, pelvic exams, soft tissue foreigh body removal, flourescin eye exams, and splinting
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments
- Ability to work 12 and 8 hour shfits as well as a mix of weekday and weekend shifts
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Prescriptive Authority
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an FNP or ACNP with several years of experience required
- Prior Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine experience as an RN or NP is strongly recommended for this position.
- Ability to rotate between all 7 Urgent Care Locations in Philadelphia Area: Bensalem, Flourtown, Willow Grove, and Philadelphia (Grant Avenue, Rittenhouse, Smylie Times, Washington Square).
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson Health delivers state-of-the-art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 7,800 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21 st century professional education. We have 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health , with 14 hospitals (three are Magnet-designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 50+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually . This year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital as the 16 th best hospital in the nation, and among the nation’s best in 11 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 69 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University, nationally recognized for advancing groundbreaking developments in healthcare education and research, recently combined with Philadelphia University, internationally known for architecture, design, engineering, textiles and more. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has nine colleges and three schools dedicated to interprofessional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet-to-be-imagined careers.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.