Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry
- Job Number: 00178320
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Medical Offices #3 West Campus
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 40
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the APRN - Nurse Practitioner provides primary or acute healthcare services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
What you will do:
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
- Practices within the guidelines of a Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician(s).
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Education Requirement: Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice.
- Licensure Requirement: State licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and/or other designation as required by law.
- Experience: Minimum of two years' recent and relevant nursing experience preferred.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.