Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Spine Center- Health Alliance Hospital- Leominster
NP/PA/CRNA Worcester, Massachusetts Leominster, Massachusetts
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 194278
Title: Nurse Practitioner
Posting Date: July 29, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Conducts comprehensive health assessments, demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill in the diagnosis and treatment of complex responses of individual, families, and communities to actual or potential health problems. Formulates clinical decisions to manage acute and chronic illnesses and promote wellness.
Integrates education, research and management, leadership and consultation into clinical role and functions in collegial relationships with nursing peers, physicians, professionals and others who influence the health care environment. Provides health care in accordance with standards of practice as delineated by state practice guidelines and national board certification organizations.
Masters or doctoral degree with current Massachusetts license registration required. Graduate of approved Nurse Practitioner program with certification, and 3–5 years of experience preferred.
- Provides diagnostic and assessment services. Secures a health history from patient and/or family, records findings, and evaluates them. Performs a complete in–depth physical examination. Orders/performs pertinent diagnostic tests based on age and history.
- Analyzes data collected to determine health status and identify differential diagnoses based on history, physical exam, and clinical findings.
- Partners with physicians regarding proposed plan of care. Formulates this plan of care with the patient.
- Manages therapeutic regime as outlined by established protocols for patients with acute illnesses. (Protocols are guidelines concerning patient care that are established between the physician and nurse practitioner. The guidelines outline subjective and objective findings, treatment plan and follow–up). Reassesses and modifies plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals. Confers with physician for clinical direction as outlined by protocols.
- Documents patient care outcomes to determine effectiveness of plan of care. Communicates outcomes with physician.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.