What You Will Do:
Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Addiction Medicine
Part Time – Day Shift
We are seeking a Full-time Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our team at University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join our team you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
As a Nurse Practitioner at UMMC Midtown Campus, you’ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
- Vacation time + sick time + personal days, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
When we say “our community” we mean it
- Performs medical examinations and establishes diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, consultation, and health education for inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic services.
- Performs medical, addiction and pain histories on all new patients.
- This positon will manage short term Medically Supervised Withdrawal, as well as, long term medication management for Chemical Dependency Service Practice
- Develops a plan of care to include medication therapy, physical therapy, diet therapy, other therapy alternatives and lifestyle changes.
- Reviews care plan with patient and responds to all questions or concerns.
- Performs interval histories and reviews current medication therapy.
- Answers patient phone calls and triages to appropriate practitioner.
- Serves as educational resource within the hospital and clinical practice.
- Orders or performs diagnostic tests as deemed appropriate in accordance with established guidelines.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- A Master of Science degree, with completion of a Nurse Practitioner Program (Requires Adult, Acute, or Family Nurse Practitioner). Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Nursing, and certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the area of specialization.
- Current DEA licensure required. Buprenorphine Waiver highly preferred
- Candidate should have a good understanding and compassion to manage complicated Addiction Medicine patients
- 1+ year of experience in Addiction Medicine highly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on
Powered by SmashFly