Center City, Philadelphia, PA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Rewarding opportunity in an outpatient setting to provide comprehensive care to patients with neurological disorders. The Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis center offers state-of-the-art resources to provide the most advanced specialized care for MS. As a member of this team you will be providing care to patients including; comprehensive neurological assessment, H&P, outpatient clinic new evaluations and follow up care. Experience in neuroscience or chronic disease specialty is a plus but new graduates with specific interests are encouraged to apply.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination in a subspecialty environment.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions within scope of subspecialty practice via prescriptive authority or referral to other health Center.
- Develops and implements plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and significant others.
- Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- May perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and Jefferson University Physicians Inc. privileges.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning health, treatment options and community resources.
- Provides neurological subspecialty care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
- Evaluator for clinical studies
- Provide telephone follow-up and triage of established office patients (i.e. appropriate prescription renewals, communication of diagnostic study and laboratory results, patient concerns and questions).
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to health professionals and community agencies for patients.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Work in Conjunction with division chief to update/develop standards, policies and guidelines to improve practice and management of Multiple Sclerosis patients.
- Evaluate quality improvement data as appropriate.
- Maintain currency in medical practices by attending conferences and keeping abreast of new literature.
- Maintain appropriate continuing education requirements for specialty certification and state prescriptive privileges.
- Participate in professional organizations relevant to area of specialty.
- Other duties as assigned by Division Chief of Multiple Sclerosis Center
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University.
BS, MS degree
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Nurse practitioner with national certification as nurse practitioner or physician assistant with national certification as physician assistant
Licensed or eligibility for licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Licensure must be in effect prior to hiring date.
At least 2 years of clinical experience
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code