NURSE PRACTITIONER (HEART AND VASCULAR)
NP/PA/CRNA Worcester, Massachusetts
Requisition #: 190913
Title: Nurse Practitioner
Department: HEART VASCULAR CENTER
Posting Date: January 2, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
5x8h shifts or 4x10hr shifts- final schedule TBD
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the region's trusted academic medical center, and part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. We are committed to improving the health of people in Central Massachusetts through excellence in care, comprehensive health services, teaching and research.
- Cardiology experience required
- Cath/EP lab experience preferred
- EP experience highly desirable
- Job has both procedural and clinical responsibilities
Conducts comprehensive health assessments, demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill in the diagnosis and treatment of complex responses of individual, families, and communities to actual or potential health problems. Formulates clinical decisions to manage acute and chronic illnesses and promote wellness.
Integrates education, research and management, leadership and consultation into clinical role and functions in collegial relationships with nursing peers, physicians, professionals and others who influence the health care environment. Provides health care in accordance with standards of practice as delineated by state practice guidelines and national board certification organizations.
Masters or doctoral degree with current Massachusetts license registration required. Graduate of approved Nurse Practitioner program with certification, and 3-5 years of experience preferred.
Seeking a candidate with EP experience but cardiology experience at a minimum.
Focus on in-hospital support with limited out-patient clinic responsibilities.
In hospital EP lab support
- Review lab schedule with lead scheduler re: EP scheduling access while balancing appropriate achievable case loads
- Work with fellow and attendings to triage daily add ons
- Assist w/ peri procedure anticoagulation management
- Lab procedure support 3 of 4 days a week
In hospital EP support (depending on applicant experience)
- Assist w/ device interrogations
- Assist w/ cardiology fellow on EP consults
- Collaborate with cardiac surgery on complex cases such as convergent procedure and lead extractions
EP service support
- Provide clinical support to all 6 EP attendings
- pt phone calls
- med renewals
- Pre/peri/ post -procedure questions
- Back up coverage for Watchman program
- See established EP patients
- Basic arrhythmia management
- Pre & post procedure visits