Nurse Practitioner for Future Opportunities
- New York, New York
- Future Opportunities
** This Posting is for Future Opportunities and Not for an Active Vacancy **
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Nurse Practitioner – Specialty areas include Behavioral Health, Cardiology, OB/GYN, Critical Care, Oncology, Medicine & Surgery
The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
Provides acute/primary health care in accordance with written policies approved by nursing and medical administration. Responsible for patient care as outlined within collaborative practice agreement. Develops and implements a collaborative practice agreement in the specific clinical area and performs a periodic review of the collaborative agreement.
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights
What You'll Bring:
- NYS RN and NP with Master's Degree, DEA, BCLS and at least 2 years of NP experience preferred.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Mount Sinai Health System
© 2018 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Health System endeavors to make Mount Sinai's Career Center accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at P: 646-605-4600 or click on the Live Chat icon below! | LCA Notices