Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Provides direct patient care to patients. Collaborates with physicians in maintaining standards for optimum patient care. Participates in patient teaching.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Completes comprehensive assessment of patient’s chief complaint, including history and physical exam, ordering ancillary tests as needed.
2. Provides patient counseling services and patient education consistent with directions of the supervising physician.
3. Evaluates assessment data, establishing a diagnosis based on information obtained from patient history, diagnostic studies performed, and other relevant information. Collaborates with attending physicians as needed for patients treated.
4. Performs and monitors therapeutic procedures as appropriate based on patient’s chief complaint or symptoms.
5. Prescribes appropriate medical therapy as appropriate, collaborating with physician accordingly.
6. Utilizes all available sources of information in patient assessment and evaluation such as patient, medical records and other healthcare professionals.
7. Implements and documents appropriate interventions, which reflect the nursing and medical plan of care.
8. Maintains compliance with infection control procedures and ensures compliance by others.
9. Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
10. Performs point-of-care laboratory tests according to office polices and procedures.
11. Evaluates and documents patient’s response to medical plan of care as appropriate.
12. Follows universal procedures when there is a likelihood of an exposure to blood or body fluids.
13. Performs responsibilities with respect to appropriate specific chronological age, development age, social maturity, and cultural background of patient being treated.
14. Treats all patients, co-workers, physicians and visitors with sensitivity, dignity and respect.
15. Willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
16. Maintains knowledge and skills to fulfill role requirements through review of current literature and attendance at medical seminars, demonstrating competency through completion of annual skills review.
17. Contributes to orientation and development of new staff members to the unit.
- Demonstrates skills required to provide care to patients.
- Assesses needs of the patient, providing proper care to meet those needs.
- Possesses knowledge of pharmacological agents.
- Performs various clinical procedures as required including but not limited to:
- Care and suturing of minor lacerations
- Casting and splinting
- Control of external hemorrhage
- Application of dressings and bandages
- Administration of medications, intravenous fluids, whole blood and blood components.
- Removal of superficial foreign bodies
- Visual screening
- Carrying out aseptic and isolation techniques
- Provide counseling and instructions regarding common patient problems
- I & D abscesses
- burn care
- minor ophthalmologic problems (i.e. conjunctivitis, corneal abrasions)
- administers immunizations and vaccines.
- Assists Medical Director and Administrative Director in evaluating current policies and procedures making appropriate recommendations for change to ensure optimum functioning of the Department.
- Collaborates with physician in the development of clinical protocols and procedures for the delivery of patient care and follow-up.
- Assists with other clinical procedures as assigned or directed.
Graduate of an approved CRNP program.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
One year experience preferred.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code