NA II; Full Time; Day shift (0730-1930) every other weekend
JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the nursing staff by rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. Provides direct and indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmental specific care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Completion of a North Carolina Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide II course or nursing student listed as a Nurse Aide II.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: North Carolina Board of Nursing listing as a Nurse Aide II. Registered as a Nurse Aide I with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Service Regulation. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCSL) required.
1. Participates in the implementation of the nursing process by giving direct care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN). Assists with admissions, transfers, discharges, pre- and post-operative care.
2. Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic physical environment (i.e., hallways, utility rooms, par stock, kitchen, etc.) and minimizes risk of injury by promoting fall precautions, use of call bell, side rails, and other safety precautions, including the use of appropriate lift equipment environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility.
3. Ensures complete, accurate and timely communication of patient information.
4. Performs special procedures correctly under the direction of Registered Nurse (RN).
5. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner.
6. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance and for professional growth and development.
7. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Contact with patients and family members under wide variety of circumstances
Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
Occasional exposure to radiation hazards
Exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals
Subject to many interruptions
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Uses personal protective equipment
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.