JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the nursing staff by rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. Delivers direct and indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmental specific care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Completion of a North Carolina State Approved Nurse Aide I course. Experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Listed with the N.C. Board of Nursing as a Level I Nurse Aide required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
1. Participates in the implementation of the nursing process by giving direct care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN).
2. Performs special procedures correctly under the direction of Registered Nurse (RN).
3. Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility.
4. Ensures complete, accurate and timely communication of patient information.
5. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner.
6. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance, professional growth and development.
7. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Basic computer skills
Contact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under wide variety of circumstances
Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases
Subject to multiple interruptions and stressful situations
Occasional exposure to radiation hazards
Possible exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Uses personal protective equipment
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.