In this highly technical, fast paced, and challenging nursing position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The scope of practice for the Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Generalist supports the changing landscape of healthcare in an interprofessional practice and learning environment.The NPD Generalist supports lifelong learners in an interprofessional environment that facilitates continuous development and learning for the healthcare team. The NPD Generalist uses tools, theories, skills, and knowledge to advance the practice of the NPD specialty to improve the healthcare practice of learners.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Current CPR certification required
- Current license to practice professional nursing in Texas or eligibility to do so
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Learning facilitator: The NPD Generalist uses the educational design process to bridge the knowledge, skills, and /or practice gaps identified through a needs assessment
- Change agent: The NPD Generalist actively works to transform processes at micro-, meso-, and macrosystem levels through inspiration, initiation, adoption, and sustainment of and adaptation to change using project management and improvement processes.
- Mentor: The NPD Generalist advances the profession by contributing to the professional development of other and supporting life-long learning as individuals develop across practice, professional and educational settings.
- Leader: The NPD Generalist influences the interprofessional practice and learning environments, the NPD specialty, the profession of nursing, and healthcare.
- Champion for scientific inquiry: The NPD Generalist promotes the generation and dissemination of new knowledge and the use of evidence to advance NPD practice, guide clinical practice, and improve patient care.
- Advocate for NPD specialty: The NPD Generalist actively supports, promotes, and demonstrates nursing professional development as a nursing practice specialty.
- Partner for practice transitions: The NPD Generalist supports the transition of nurses and other healthcare team members across learning and practice environments, roles, and professional stages.