Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Participates in the evaluation of new laboratory techniques and procedures
- Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned
- Assists in the documentation and submission of required laboratory, departmental, and staff statistics/reports
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
- Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
- Associates’ degree in medical technology or related sciences with state licensure if required or appropriate national certification
- Must hold a certification from one of the following Medical Laboratory Scientist (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or Medical Technologist (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or Medical Technologist (American Medical Technologist), or Medical Technologist (American Associate of Bioanalyst), or Clinical Laboratory Supervisor through AMT
The Medical Laboratory Technologist I is responsible for the processing and testing of all laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains accurate laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.