Medical Lab Tech (MLT)Job Location US-NC-CharlotteJob Opening ID 2020-69062 Facility Presbyterian Medical Center Department Anatomic Pathology PRN Details M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm Category Laboratory Job Status Full-Time Hire Rate USD $18.00/Hr. Max USD $26.88/Hr. Mid USD $21.50/Hr. Job Opening Post Information* : Posted Date 5 days ago(1/31/2020 12:37 PM)
Novant Health is seeking to employ a Medical Lab Tech that displays prowess in performing all laboratory procedures, reporting lab results and flexibility in training methods as it concerns equipment use and software. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
- Education: High school diploma required. Associates degree required. Associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education or training OR successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks required.
- Experience: One year experience as laboratory tech. (Clinical internships of twelve months duration meet this requirement) preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: MLT certification (or eligible) from ASCP or AMT required.
- Additional Skills Required: New graduates must obtain certification within 12months of hire. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment. All individuals who are newly certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are newly certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain AMT Certification Continuation Program (CCP). Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tests. Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation. Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results. Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public. Ability to read and understand information about instrumentation in laboratory field. Ability to follow written protocols. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health