Medical Assistant CertifiedListed January 2, 2020 Job Type Physician Group Dept. Endocrinology Facility 1850 East Park Avenue Status Full Time PCN 56.76000.660029.003
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- 2) Knowledge of physician office procedures and medical terminology.
- 3) Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
- 4) Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
- 5) Ability to assist in performing a variety of treatments and procedures, taking vital signs and recording and maintaining test results.
- 6) Ability to record data accurately using a computer.
- 7) Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- 1) High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2) Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- 1) Medical Assistant certification required. Certification is required within 6 months from date of hire or transfer into the Medical Assistant position.
- 2) BLS certification required.
- 1) One year of medical office and patient care experience preferred.
Provide care to patients as directed by the provider, including preparing patients for examination, administering medications, assisting provider with procedures and performing various tests. The Medical Assistant will actively participate as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
Day/Evening; 40 hrs/week
- Hours and Weekend hours subject to change in the future due to growing needs of the practice.
- Please attach a current resume when applying.
No Weekends; No Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org