Manager Emergency Department at AdventHealth
Date Posted: 5/20/2020
Internal Employees Apply Here Click Here to Get Job Alerts
1 - Day
Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Emergency Department Manager - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
• Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
• Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
H Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
• Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
• Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Develops and implements departmental safety program by using Employee Engagement, Safety Attitude Questionnaire (SAQ), Risk Management reports and other data sources.
• Oversees development and implementation of strategies for accomplishing departmental and organizational objectives.
• Develops and maintains effective departmental communication through regular staff meetings. Facilitates the flow of information from and to department and administration.
• Fosters an environment of service excellence for patients, families, physicians and community.
• Develops and implements annual budget. Monitors and makes adjustments to meet effective use of budgeted resources.
• Reviews labor management reports and ensures that established goals are met.
• In coordination with leadership staff and hospital administration, plans, develops, implements and evaluates marketing/program development initiatives.
• Develops and implements strategic and business plans.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to safety and legal requirements as established by governing and regulatory agencies.
• Ensures that the selection, educating, staffing and disciplining of staff members complies with the standards, policies and practices of Texas Health Hospital Mansfield.
• Evaluates the learning needs of individuals within department and department as a whole. Assures in-services and other training programs meet identified needs.
• Promotes competency of staff through proper orientation, skill validation and education.
• Ensures that departmental files are maintained accurately and completed in compliance with established standards.
• Completes performance appraisal for all positions in area(s) of responsibility.
• Develops, implements and reviews policies, procedures and protocols for area(s) of responsibility.
• Maintains current knowledge of regulatory and licensure requirements and ensures compliance with regulations.
• Demonstrates competency in principles of performance improvement (PI). Develops and implements effective PI program within area(s) of responsibility.
• Facilitates resolution of issues involving staff, patients, families and physicians as needed.
• Monitors the coordination of activities between hospital units for effective operations.
• Demonstrates responsibility for appropriate use of departmental equipment and supplies required in standard of care.
• Complies with policies and procedures of Texas Health Hospital Mansfield and AdventHealth.
• Participates in hospital-based committees.
• Ensures 24-hour continuity and appropriateness of patient care. On a daily basis, reviews core staffing plan based on patient acuity and census and makes adjustments as needed.
• Supports established standards of patient care.
• Makes regular rounds of assigned unit(s) to assess patient care, to ensure delivery of quality patient care and to ensure customer service standards are met or achieved.
• Serves as a role model in clinical specialty, demonstrating competency in clinical judgment, technical and mentoring skills and knowledge-based practice. Provides staff with advice and assistance regarding clinical issues.
• Fosters positive relationships with area Emergency Medical Services.
• In collaboration with ED Medical Director, participates in on-going departmental operational review and improvement programs.
• In collaboration with Facilities Director and Texas Health Hospital Mansfield Administration, ensures on-going emergency management preparation.
• Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact State.
• Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support upon hire
• Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support upon hire
• Five years or greater emergency department nursing experience preferred
• Three years or greater management experience preferred
• Master of Science in nursing or related healthcare field preferred
• TNCC preferred
• Nationally recognized nursing leadership certification preferred
The Manager of Emergency Department Services coordinates the care and service of all patient populations across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization of and monitors health care resources; and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes. The Manager is responsible for the organization, management and direction of the assigned areas. The Manager utilizes principles of organization, management, leadership and the nursing process to provide for delivery of optimal patient care. The Manager will adhere to and follow the goals, philosophy, standards and guidelines of Texas Health Hospital Mansfield.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply Now Not ready to Apply?
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
Care Manager Jobs
Program Manager Jobs
Jobs in Burleson, Texas
Care Manager Jobs Burleson, Texas