MANAGER CLINICAL CARE COORD.
The Care Coordination Clinical Manager will manage the development and execution of operations that support MMG’s value-based care programs. This role will lead the design and implementation of various operational protocols via a centralized team of Care Coordinators, to support MMG practices participating in value-based care payer programs.
The position will serve as the subject matter expertise in response to day to day business issues; manage a centralized Care Coordination team; provide resources to MMG practices to optimize value-based care performance; and serve as liaison between MMG and payers when discussing operational execution of value-based care initiatives. The role will report to the MMG VP of Operations.
- Manage utilization and practice metrics to further refine the delivery of care model to maximize clinical, quality, and fiscal outcomes for the patient population attributed to MMG Primary Care Physicians in value-based care programs
- Implement system of care deployed by MMG Care Coordinators that facilitates close monitoring of gaps in care to appropriately educate and assist practices to close identified gaps in care
- Identify priorities and coordinate efforts for the MMG Care Coordinators based on outcomes from data reports of MMG Primary Care Practices and Physicians
- Lead efforts to develop and implement standardized practice operations that promote quality and efficiency in the delivery of healthcare for the attributed patient population in value-based care programs
- Work with the MMG leadership to continuously evaluate process, identify problems, and propose process improvement strategies to enhance the quality and efficiency in the delivery of healthcare for the attributed patient population in value-based care programs
- Build strong relationships with MMG Primary Care clinics, including physicians and staff
- Retain ultimate accountability to provide foundation to the Care Coordinator functions: provide guided oversight to Care Coordinators and serve as Care Coordinator if needed
- Hire and develop new staff. Ensure new team members have a structured learning environment with thorough orientation plan
- Develop communication documents and training criteria
- Develop understanding of community resources. Work closely with ACO Care Navigators to leverage existing programs and design new programs benefiting value-based care program beneficiaries
- Monitor Care Coordinator productivity
- Develop templates and communication documents for Care Coordinators
- BSN required, MSN strongly preferred
- Current Texas RN licensure required.
- Current BLS certification required, ACLS preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years nursing experience.
- Experience with chronic care and/or patient-centered care models (PCMH, ACO, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning and organization skills to ensure development and maintenance of relationships across the enterprise required.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate individual and group decision making
- Project management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with reimbursement arrangements and physician relationship experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good oral, written and presentation skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to invest in a change process to improve efficiencies