LPN, Ambulatory Wound Center
Nursing Worcester, Massachusetts
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 193724
Title: LPN Ambulatory
Department: Wound Center
Posting Date: July 8, 2019
Shift Length: 8 Hrs
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Under supervision of a Licensed Independent Practitioner (L.I.P.) and or Registered Nurse (R.N.), performs selected and delegates nursing tasks in the care of patients.
Completion of an accredited school of practical nursing program. Current Massachusetts licensure required. Knowledge of basic nursing procedures.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to gather information from individuals, build relationships that support collaborative work within the department and across the organization and provide exceptional service to patients.
Ability to take direction from a patient or provider, adjusts equipment, observe and describe patient observations. Must be able to lift, up to 50 pounds. Work is of heavy demand, standing and walking most of the time with the possibility of pushing heavy equipment and bending frequently.
- Assists in patient assessment according to standard procedure and needs of patient and their families
- Administers medications, performs treatment therapies, and operates equipment according to policy and procedure.
- Assists in implementation and evaluation of care plan including long and short–term goals, nursing actions and teaching
- Documents patient care according to standard procedure. Records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in patient condition to L.I.P. and or R.N. and assists in analyzing and interpreting patient data.
- Assists physician with treatments, procedures, and special tests as required or directed.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.