Lead Trauma Advanced Practice Provider
- Job Number: 00188591
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel East
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: Rotating Shift
- Hours: 40
Lead Trauma APP
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
About the job:
The Lead APRN will work in collaboration with Patient Care Services (PCS) Director, Unit Manager and physician/Medical Director to facilitate operations and regulatory compliance of the Advanced Practice Nurse Program/Group and fulfill all the job responsibilities as referenced in the Nurse Practitioner job description.
This will be a 50 / 50 split of duties - clinical shifts and administrative duties.
What is Required:
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner Program; Master’s Degree.
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio; - Acute Care NP required
- Certificate of Authority for Advanced Practice Nursing in the State of Ohio;
- Certification appropriate for the specialty.
- Hold a Certificate to Prescribe (CTP) or a Certificate to Prescribe Externship (CTP-E) from
- the Ohio Board of Nursing for prescriptive authority or ability to obtain as required.
- Holds a DEA license with Schedule II designations required
- BLS provider certification required
- ACLS, NRP, EFM and PALs required for some departments.
- All qualifications above are subject to grandfathering by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Experience: Minimum three to five years recent and relevant clinical experience preferred;
- One year working experience and specialized knowledge of the routines and procedures of
- area of employment
- Knowledge of current programs and best practices in Trauma.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.