Performs surveillance, education, consultation, data analysis, aggregation and reporting of
Infection or risk of infection. Identifies and reduces the risk of infection.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Microbiology, Biology, Medical Technology or other related science field.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, or other related science field preferred
- Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred)
- Certification as Infection Preventionist (APIC)
- Licensure of educational background is related (eg Nursing, Medical Technologist)
- Related Work Experience and Other Skills
- Computer literacy required (advanced Excel, Access, basic word processing or similar capabilities).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge and practice of performance improvement processes
- Knowledge of state, national and other regulatory bodies' standards
- Proactive with good interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Proficiency in data base management.
- Strong bio statistical knowledge and application of appropriate statistical methods and analysis
- 2 years’ experience participating in a hospital based infection prevention & control program
consisting of surveillance, education of staff, data analysis and aggregation consistent epidemiologicalpractices