Infection Preventionist AdventHealth APOPKA
Location Address: 2100 Ocoee Apopka Rd, Apopka, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
• AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab.
• The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station.
• The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades.
- Full Time, M-F, 8a-5p
- Integrates clinical findings, laboratory results and other diagnostic tests to determine the presence of infections utilizing the criteria established by the Centers for Disease Control, National Health and Safety Network HIPAC/SHEA
- Identifies need for infection prevention measures in high risk patients based on risk assessment and assists with coordination and implementation of control measures based on patient’s age and diagnosis specific needs
- Assesses clusters of microorganisms and conducts an epidemiological investigation of health care associated outbreaks including implementation of control measures
- Utilizes threshold data for the assessment of unit specific/service specific infection rates and informs the assistant director of any potential problems
- Identifies possible employee exposure to communicable diseases. Communicates with Employee Clinic and collaborates to assure thorough follow-up. Conducts surveillance as assigned utilizing the tools and data best suited for the task
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of school of nursing, medical technology, public health, or another healthcare-related field
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare field
- At least 1 year of clinical experience in an area such as nursing, laboratory, respiratory therapy, etc
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certification in Infection Control or CIC eligible, highly preferred
- Current, valid license as a registered professional nurse, medical technologist, respiratory therapist, or other clinical area
Direct interventions that protects patients from health care-associated infections clinical and other settings. Conducts compliance audits to determine measures of success. Participates in projects and special programs relating to infection prevention. Serves as catalyst for change, actively involved in change management development for infection prevention. Assists with development, implementation and evaluation of the multi-disciplinary program for surveillance, prevention and control of infections at AdventHealth. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.