Facilities & Maintenance Worcester, Massachusetts
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 192126
Posting Date: March 5, 2019
Hours: As Needed
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Performs standard cleaning procedures in all areas of the hospital and buildings to maintain a clean and healthy environment. Moves furniture and sets up meeting rooms as necessary.
Ability to read, write and follow simple English instructions. 3 to 6 months experience as a house worker preferred. Employees must be at least 18 years of age to perform this role.
- Performs standard cleaning procedures in all areas of the hospital and buildings, including patient rooms, surgery areas, units, nurseries, nursing stations, auxiliary areas, lounges, isolation areas, emergency room lavatories, bathrooms, stairways, offices, corridors, and apartments.
- Performs high dusting, spot cleaning of walls, windows, and doors, disinfects horizontal surfaces, mops floors, vacuums carpets, empties trash and cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms and showers. Burnishes floors with burnishers and cleans floors with automatic floor machines. Performs "check out" cleaning of discharges and transfer units including making of the beds. Picks up trash in any area and transports trash from utility rooms and other collection points to compactor pick up area.
- Moves furniture and sets up meeting rooms. Collects soiled linen and delivers clean linen. Removes and hangs up cubicle curtains and drapes. Washes inside windows, use of a ladder is required occasionally.
- Maintains equipment in clean, safe condition and reports anything in need of repairs to supervisor or equipment repair person.
- Knows responsibility in case of a fire, a disaster or emergency evacuation.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.