Hospice Liaison NurseJob Location US-NC-CharlotteJob Opening ID 2019-42442 Facility Community/Critical Care Svcs Department Outpatient Hospice Administrat Work Schedule Other PRN Details 4-10 hour shifts Category Registered Nurse Job Status Full-Time Hire Rate USD $25.75/Hr. Max USD $41.69/Hr. Mid USD $33.35/Hr.
Novant Health is seeking a Hospice Liaison Nurse to coordinate patient referrals from different referral sources to Hospice and Palliative Care. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
- Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required; BSN preferred.
- Experience: Three years’ experience in home care or hospice required. Previous experience in managed care, infusion care, and case management and previous home health/hospice case management experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state required.
- Additional skills preferred: Knowledge of Hospice Care Services necessary to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs in order to appropriately receive referrals. Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid rules/regulations necessary to understand criteria for determining patient eligibility for admission. Knowledge of nursing and pharmacy procedures and standards of practice, both general and specific, to the specialties of infusion and enteral therapies. Ability to interpret insurance agreements/managed care contracts to provide appropriate care to variety of patients. Ability to effectively negotiate contract/non-contracted rates for appropriate managed care depending on fair market analysis of current pricing trends. Knowledge and skills necessary to modify care according to patient’s age. Ability to interpret information to identify each patient’s requirements for care relative to his/her age specific needs. Ability to effectively collaborate with teams, groups and committees. Demonstrated leadership ability. Ability to prioritize and organize. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals at all levels of authority. Must be flexible, adaptable to change and able to apply problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills in meeting patient care and department needs. Must have computer experience. Must have reliable transportation to and from all work related assignments and activities. Must be available for after hours call on rotational basis. Must be flexible, versatile and adaptable to change.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".