- Req. Number: 2019-27070
- Posted Date: 2/3/2020
- Shift: 1-Day
- Address: 201 Reeceville Road
- City, State: Coatesville, PA
- Department: THMG Reading OBGYN Cammarano
About the Organization Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation.
Brandywine Hospital is looking for an experienced GYN who is passionate about caring for women and treating their medical needs.
- Establish a practice to provide gynecologic services for THMG at Brandywine Hospital (BWH).
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment and perform surgical procedures when indicated for gynecology patients.
- Refers patients to sub-specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other providers at BWH to provide out-patient and inpatient consultation for gynecologic services.
- Be an active and contributing member to the medical staff at BWH.
- Train and supervise medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate or designated.
- May manage operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental and system established policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs and community outreach.
- Report to the designated physician leader institutionally and system wide.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Medical Knowledge
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Maintain competency in standard surgical techniques through case mix and simulation practice.
- Facilitate appropriate surgical referral in triaging complex cases.
- Participate in innovative vetting process for new technology and therapy.
- Communication Skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Relations Skills
- Ability to supervise, advice, and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care
- Practice Based Learning Ability
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Systems Based Practice Awareness
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience which may include residency and/or fellowship level graduate medical education directly related to the specialty.
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License of Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty; must be a member in good standing of the specific department Medical Staff and THMG.
- Maintains current board certification and maintenance of certification specific to the specialty/sub-specialty.