Welcome. You are not signed in.
- Job Search
- My Jobpage
- Advanced Search
- All Jobs
Beginning of the main content section.
Job Description - Financial Analyst (19000007)
: Financial Analyst
: Jan 10, 2019, 10:19:48 AM
Are you interested in becoming part of a dynamic team that is looking to innovate and improve?
Would you like to work for a company that has been rated by the BBJ (15+yrs) as one of the best places to work?
Do you want to be part of a company that is committed to giving back to the community?
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our organization as a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst, under the direction of the Manager of Finance, is responsible for the execution of complex financial reporting, tracking, and operational processes. Working independently, the Financial Analyst shows a high level of ownership, with a strong focus on detail and commitment to quality deliverables. The Financial Analyst continually monitors and analyzes monthly financial data to present trends and conclusions to management. The Financial Analyst will partner internal departments to draft budgets, forecasts and make process improvement recommendations. In this role, the Financial Analyst will be involved in addressing questions, discussions, research, and resolution of issues in collaboration with project managers, department staff and management. S/he will make recommendations for enhancements to systems, develop infrastructure, policies and procedures to ensure financial transparency, accuracy and completeness.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Working independently prepares the monthly financial statement package, interprets technical and financial data presented, and performs analysis to develop and generate reporting for management.
- Researches financial variances and identifies problems, implements solutions, and performs follow-up to ensure all issues are resolved.
- Develops and implements the Finance Department’s internal controls and periodic audits to ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Monitors progress of individual accounts and distributes reports based on the program financial tracking system to assist the program team with key activities such as: managing staff effort, managing project costs, managing vendor costs and contracts, and supporting budget and forecasting activities.
- Executes the monthly financial reconciliation process to ensure that all accounting systems agree.
- Manages the Institute’s purchase order system to ensure that appropriate financial and budget controls have been met.
- Investigates financial trends in preparation for the Institute’s annual budget and provide financial modeling support to assist in evaluation.
- Act as Finance representative in A/R meetings, follow up on outstanding items, and work with external and internal individuals to resolve any issues.
- Manages Hyperion software as an Administrator initiating all month and yearend processes, validating for accuracy, and maintains internal controls around security.
- Investigate, analyze, and review trends to perform the monthly forecast in Hyperion’s financial module.
- Act as backup for the Associate Financial Analyst as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Strong finance or accounting background. Internal or financial controls experience a plus.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a business environment with a focus on accounting, financial analysis, and project support. Solid understanding of financial principles. Health care experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products. Mastery in use of Microsoft Excel or similar tool. Oracle Financials experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, team focused environment.
- Self-motivated and flexible, able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines operating under very tight timelines.
- Ability to synthesize, summarize, format data/presentation materials enabling managers to quickly and fully assimilate and utilize complex financial data.
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT
- Paid volunteer time off (up to 3 days annually)
- Open Time Off
- Annual Mini-Grant of $500 donated to a non-profit organization of the employee’s choice
- Educational Reimbursement
Normal office environment; must be able to commute between HPHC locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
: United States of America-Massachusetts-Boston
: 998 Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Grant
Harvard Pilgrim supports individuals in reaching their full potential by supporting equal employment opportunities and an environment that actively values diversity. Harvard Pilgrim complies with all applicable laws concerning hiring and employment practices and is firmly committed to fostering and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination. We pledge to hire, train, and promote our employees without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Harvard Pilgrim endeavors to make www.harvardpilgrim.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Customer Service at 617-509-7500/TTY (800) 637-8257.