Family Nurse PractitionerJob ID 2018-5330 Shift Days FTE 1.0 Start/End of Daily Work Schedule 8:00am-5:00pm or 10:30am-7:00pm Type Full Time Facility Dimensions Family Health & Wellness Center Department 536679-DHA-Family Medicine Center
Works as a Family Nurse Practitioner within the UMCRH Medical Group practices. Plans, assesses implements and evaluates total care to a specific patient group. Orders, performs and interprets laboratory and diagnostic testing. Performs therapeutic treatment and gives patient care directions to nursing and other staff. May prescribe medication, provide emergency care, and make referrals to appropriate licensed physician. Requires a Nurse Practitioner certification.
- Assess physical, developmental and psychosocial developmental and psychosocial health status of patients through the collection of health data such as comprehensive history taking, physical examination. Assist patients to maintain current level of health and prevent further illness through health screening, identification of risk factors, and counseling.
- Responsible for managing individual patient (pediatrics and adults) panel within Family Practice setting.
- Diagnose and manage acute episodic health problems, as well as chronic health problems-foot care, pap tests and other women's health issues.
- Actively work to solve problems/improve systems in constructive thorough manner
- Focus on customer needs and quality of service. Make appropriate and timely referrals, participate in problem solving of consumer complaints. Demonstrate caring and friendly attitude toward patients.
- Prescribe medication and order other non-pharmacological therapies.
- Demonstrate current technical skills in all areas of practice ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Support cooperative clinical initiatives.
- Seek appropriate and timely consultations..
- Order lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests appropriately utilizing appropriate EMR.
- Provide positive, constructive leadership for his/her care team and within dept.; enable and encourage others to participate and achieve high level of performance
- Involve patient in management of care; facilitate patient self-management skills; provide thorough in explanations.
- Maintains a productive work schedule; meet department and organizational productivity guidelines
- Assists in the management of patients at the request of the physician, refers pertinent issues to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Serves as a clinical consultant to other healthcare professionals.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating comprehensive healthcare for primary care patients.
- Participates in planning, development, and presentation in community outreach activities.
- Assesses the learning needs of patients, families, and staff in collaboration with all members of the healthcare team.
- Plans, provides, and coordinates patient/family and staff education for those involved in the care of cardiac patients.
- Reviews and utilizes current literature and research findings relevant to the healthcare of primary care.
- Assists with implementing research findings and monitoring the impact on patient care outcomes.
Participates in performance improvement initiatives and quality monitoring.
Current Maryland in good standing as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Accredited Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
3-5 Years working experience
Must have diagnostic, theraputic and procedural competency in the appropriate area. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
*UM CAPITAL REGION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DECISIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE NOT BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS.*