Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Exercise Physiologist II - Cardiac Rehabilitation Anc 001 - Full-Time, Day - WF - All Saints Hosp - Racine,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to
Implements and supervises physical exercise programs for patients.
Hours vary by shift.
6am-11am on Saturday
- Provides patient testing and assessment before and after rehabilitation.
- Plans and teaches exercise therapy for patients utilizing test data, patient status and current medication regimen. Monitors patient's response and revises plan accordingly.
- Recognizes contraindications and abnormal patient responses to exercise. Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Provides exercise information for patients, peers and the community which may include public speaking and education classes.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Exercise Physiologist credentialed from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's Degree in Exercise Science or related field required
- Two (2) years clinical related experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement