Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab - Mount Carmel Grove City
- Job Number: 00123842
- Location: Grove City, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel Grove City
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Hours: 40
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Allied Health colleagues positively impact the lives of our patients in a wide variety of ways. But what they all share is a drive to succeed – for our patients and one another. Mount Carmel provides resources and learning opportunities to fully support your personal and professional development, which leads to greater patient outcomes.
Our Exercise Physiologist provides direct care and testing for clients and patients. The person in this position designs, implements and markets fitness programs; educates the public and health professionals regarding cardiovascular disease, performs exercise testing, assesses cardiovascular risk factors, evaluates for the appropriateness of the scheduled procedure, supervises treadmill/pharmacological stress testing with echo and nuclear imaging, interpretation of EKG, and records and inputs preliminary reports into the reporting database.
- Provides direct care to fitness clients and patients; services may include; cardiovascular stress testing, personal training, leading exercise classes, participating in wellness activities, muscular endurance testing, performing pre-placement screenings, strength, flexibility and body composition assessments.
- Assesses client needs and creates individual and group exercise programs.
- Responds to emergency situations and implements emergency medical procedures when appropriate.
- Maintains, promotes, and demonstrates a positive attitude while serving as a role model to
- Patients. Maintains client records including, but not limited to, the results of cardiac, exercise, and
- fitness testing and client/patient treatment and progress
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- Licensure / Certification: Certification in testing and exercise, ACSM Exercise Specialist preferred for Occupational Health - required within one year as of 11/16/11.
- Experience: 1-2 years recent relevant work experience
- Certification in CPR required
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Share job opportunities with family and friends through email.
With fraudulent internet hiring schemes increasing in frequency, please be aware that neither Trinity Health nor any of its entities will ever try to collect funds from a candidate or new hire. If you see a suspicious posting or are concerned about a recruiting interaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via live chat at jobs.trinity-health.org.