Endocrinologist – Full-time Annapolis
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 26, 2019
Clinical responsibilities include all aspects of endocrinology consultation, evaluation, and treatment administered to patients in the outpatient setting and as a consultant on Anne Arundel Medical Center inpatient floors or in the Emergency Department. Serve as a consultant for referring providers. This individual performs functions that are clinically privileged.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs duties according to established standards for age groups adolescence through geriatrics.
- Supervises and writes orders for all medical procedures and prescribes medical referrals where indicated. Supervises the administration of all medication protocols.
- Works with appropriate staff to ensure that all documentation of care, treatment and incidents is done in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Dictates patient care notes and complies with all medical record requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (Doctor degree).
- Completion of residency in specified field of specialty.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Specialty Board Certified or Board-eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Holds current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Maryland DEA license.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)