Emergency Department Technician-FT
- Req. Number: 2019-24686
- Posted Date: 4/25/2019
- Shift: 6-Evening/Night
- Work Schedule: 10:30 - 7p
- Hours: 40 hours per pay period
- Address: 1600 E. High St.
- City, State: Pottstown, PA
- Department: Emergency Services
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
Provides supportive care to the Emergency Department patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse or physician.
- Takes and documents vital signs, height, weight, I&O and performs other duties such as crutch training and splinting as inserviced
- Transports patients as necessary
- Performs Medical Assistant duties, completes inventory and related stocking duties to support the function of the Emergency Department
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous pre-hospital or hospital experience preferred
- Must be proficient in vital signs, phlebotomy, vision screening and EKG
- Good communication skills and experience in interacting with patients and families
- Certification as Registered Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or EMT/Paramedic preferred
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR required
- CPI within six months of hire and continuous recertification every year