Education Coordinator - Registered Nurse - Newly Licensed Residency Program CoordinatorJob ID 2019-5746 Shift Days FTE 1.0 Start/End of Daily Work Schedule Monday/Friday Type Full Time Facility Prince George's Hospital Center Department 116602/ 110-6020-00 Hospital Education
Under the direction of the Education Director, provides in-service orientation, continuing education, and refresher training to clinical and non-clinical personnel. Provides instruction regarding a variety of topics to include policies, procedures etc. Participates in planning, development, coordination, and evaluation of educational programs.
- Conducts needs assessments on an on-going basis and sets appropriate goals to meet identified needs.
- Plans individually and collaboratively, programs that will meet training and development, ongoing education and self directed learning needs.
- Incorporates organizational policies and procedures, evidence based practice and standards of care and quality into educational offerings.
- Designs educational program offerings utilizing adult learning and generational teaching principles.
- Develops and utilizes appropriate evaluation tools to determine effectiveness of education programs.
- Revises content of presentations/programs and adjusts methods of instruction as needed.
- In collaboration with Leadership and other education staff, plans/designs/implements/evaluates education programs to meet changing practice, standards and equipment/supplies.
- Maintains competency in clinical and/or professional areas of expertise.
- Provides direction, consultation, support and guidance as appropriate to the management team.
- Implements a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs, content setting and outcomes.
- Grounds teaching strategies in theoretical, evidence based practices.
- Assesses and identifies individual learning styles and unique learning needs of diverse learners as evidenced by ability to alter presentation style when learners experience difficulty and perform effective remediation.
- Creates learning environments that facilitate critical thinking and experience in the learner’s role.
- Understands the influence of teaching styles and interpersonal interactions on learner behavior.
- Evaluates organizational effectiveness in staff education as evidenced by outcome measurement utilizing a variety of tools and mechanisms.
- Promotes innovative practices in educational environments.
- Develops leadership skills to shape and implement change as evidenced by participation in committees and councils within the corporation and other roles within the community (e.g. Regional faculty, consortiums)
Bachelors degree in Nursing required.
- Current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse in Maryland or another compact state.
At least 3 years of clinical experience with evidence of progressive responsibility acquisition and teaching experience.
- Ability to develop curriculum and training materials and to implement training program.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
*UM CAPITAL REGION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DECISIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE NOT BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS.*