Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Part-time, 20 hours per week, 4 days a week/5 hours a day - 9a to 2p
Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) coordinator for Sidney Kimmel Medical College’s (SKMC) Department of Internal Medicine. Provides educational coordination and administrative support for the required Internal Medicine 4th year inpatient Sub-Internship and outpatient experience, and critical care courses and elective rotations. . Advance and contingency planning for student and faculty sessions, events, and meetings, as well as effectively problem solves to ensure smooth delivery of the curriculum. Serves as back up for Educational Programs Administrator.
- Coordinates and communicates faculty teaching/clinical rotationsactivities; , and supports other faculty curricular needs as assigned.
- Tracks registration and graduation/course requirements for the Medicine Sub-Internship, submits grades promptly adhering to the deadlines of the Office of the Registrar..
- Works closely and communicates regularly with SKMC leadership, students, staff, and faculty; maintains accurate and current databases of all documents, rosters, timelines, policies, procedures, and performance metrics in shared network folders to optimize team performance.
- Assists Educational Programs Administrator with Chairman’s Letters. Serves as back up NBME Exam proctor.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES needed in addition to Essential Functions:
- Responsible for calendaring/creating student schedules and team assignments and complex meeting management requiring interaction and follow-up communication with participants..
- Organizes and coordinates meeting logistics including room reservations, catering, AV, and other necessary space accommodations.
- Multi-task current and upcoming/future curricular components throughout the academic year. Tracks off-cycle students to ensure graduation requirements are satisfied.
- Works autonomously yet part of a team to balance competing priorities and deadlines providing excellent customer service and displaying behavior consistent with Jefferson values.
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:N/A
A minimum of 5 years prior related experience; higher education experience preferred.
High-level proficiency of entire Microsoft Office Suite, and learning management systems (i.e. Canvas ). New Innovations, Banner, PELS.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code