CT Patient Scheduler - Surgery Cardiothoracic
40 hours per week, day shift
Job Summary: Under general supervision, perform patient scheduling functions in addition to a significant amount of higher level work
Education/Experience: High school graduate or equivalent plus three years of clerical experience , six months of which must be at the Patient Scheduling Coordinator level or equivalent. Individual must be able to function independently in an intensive clinical setting and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Individual must also have knowledge of third party payor requirements.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: None required
1. Schedule clinical appointments for new and returning patients with independent judgment and discretion to priority using WakeOne e.g. Cadence. Follow Clinical Operations standards to promote a cooperative work and patient care environment.
2. Coordinate extensive laboratory work and diagnostic testing for patients utilizing WakeOne.
3. Make daily judgments over the telephone as to the timeframe in which patients should be seen based on past experience and the examination of patient?s EMR.
4. Assure that the patient's chart is fully prepared prior to the visit, including chart work-up, assuring that all dictation is present and in the correct order, all tests are ordered, and special needs have been anticipated.
5. Assure that all off site records have been scanned into WakeOne and indexed.
6. Call in prescriptions for physicians, as instructed.
7. Perform complex coordination among WFUHS physicians, external physicians, patients, nurses, and outside testing laboratories to assure that all necessary tests are performed and paperwork is complete. Coordinate departmental consult service as directed.
8. Initiate and facilitate the resolution of patient issues and complaints utilizing other Medical Center professionals as needed. Practice excellent customer service skills and accommodate patient's special needs (e.g., interpreter).
9. Coordinate surgeries using discretion as to timeframe, room availability, and physician schedule. If necessary obtain pre-certifications and coordinate activities with NCBH as required; assure that patient has all necessary information.
10. Assist in the training of less experienced personnel as instructed.
12. Complete FMLA forms for patients/families and other insurance forms as necessary.
13. Complete required educational programs to remain current on job responsibilities and fulfill compliance requirements.
14. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein and that requested by Administrative Coordinator.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
X Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
- Medical office
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-2424. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.