Community Care Manager – Registered Nurse (RN) – MDPCP, Practice Solutions, Full-Time
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 26, 2019
Endowed with clinical knowledge and experience, the Maryland Primary Care Program (MDPCP) provides direct supervision and coaching to the Practice Panel Coordinators, who are typically medical assistant level individuals. By monitoring practice level dashboards and performance on quality metrics, s/he monitors the overall performance of the program. S/he supports the continued development of Advanced Primary Care Practices and liaises between physician leadership and the PPC’s, contributing to their capabilities to follow evidence-based clinical algorithms endorsed by the clinicians they serve.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages, trains, and coaches PPCs.
- Monitors practice and provider level patient attribution (empanelment).
- Assists with short and long-term care management plans for patients.
- Collects program, practice, and provider level performance data; identifies outlier performers, challenges and opportunities, monitors performance over time; creates reports; recommends practice and provider level quality improvement plans; and presents data and recommendations to the Primary Care Service Line leadership and practice level clinicians. Ensures alignment of activities to meet the goals of the MDPCP.
- Meets face-to-face with all primary care practices once a month to discuss population health focus areas and plans to improve access to care for patients with unmet needs. Contributes to the teamwork within and between departments. Regularly participates in meetings with coworkers and practice staff. Provides and receives constructive ideas, suggestions and feedback in a positive manner. Works collaboratively with co-workers to effectively resolve issues that impact departmental or hospital operations.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two years of related clinical nursing experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in healthcare with experience working in ambulatory clinics including demonstrated experience in Quality Outcomes Management.
- Current Maryland Board of Nursing license.
- CPR through the American Heart Association (BLS for Healthcare Providers level).
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light Duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)