Clinical Practice Manager
Req ID: 33265BR
Job Summary: Manages the daily administrative and clinical practice operations with commitment to providing the highest quality of service to patients in an ambulatory care practice. Provides oversight and training in all areas of day to day practice operations and resource utilization. The Clinical Practice Manager will work closely with the RN Dept and updates clinical practice policy and procedure as appropriate.
- The Clinical Practice Manager will ensure that the Practice Manager/Coordinator Responsibilities checklist is used as a guideline and measure of daily, weekly, monthly and annual processes and procedures for the smooth operations of the practice (attached).
- Participates in planning and implementation of practice goals, programs and objectives, personnel, resources and equipment. Implements the approved business plan that identifies strategies, objectives, timetables, expected outcome and measures for assigned areas of responsibility. Updates plan to reflect challenges and opportunities in the marketplace and BIDHC's overall direction.
- Provides oversight, delegation and acts as a resource to unlicensed staff including Medical Assistants, Certified Nursing Assistants and Nursing Students.
- Serves as a clinical resource for support staff and practice as needed. Assists support staff with issues or patient concerns that require immediate attention or conflict resolution. Provides on-going education and training to others in the practice. Continues to update clinical knowledge and skills though consultation, the review of literature and formal and informal education including CEU's.
- Coordinates care delivery, patient flow and clinic check out/discharge activities. Oversees patient scheduling, registration and billing processes according to protocol. Coordinates and ensures skill development and training for all staff.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- At least 1-3 years in a clinical setting, preferably primary care. The ability to assume responsibility for the
coordination of patient care in an outpatient setting while working as part of a team of both professional
and non-professional staff.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus