Clinical Nutritionist - Inpatient Clinical Nutrition Services
Full-time - 38 hours/week - 1st Shift, Monday - Friday, Rotating Weekends
Functions as an active member of the health care team, collaborating with all disciplines to provide the highest quality nutritional care. Assesses nutritional needs for optimal care of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups and culturally diverse populations based on disease specific needs. Assessment, education, and documentation of medical nutrition therapy for patients reflect interdisciplinary care and up-to-date nutritional knowledge. Contributes to the development and completion of departmental goals and outcomes projects.
Education / Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree in human nutrition, foods and nutrition, biological sciences or dietetics from an accredited college or university and completion of an approved route to registration by the American Dietetic Association.
- Previous experience as a clinical dietitian preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
- Registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration is required.
- Active licensure by the NC Board of Dietetics/Nutrition is required according to policy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical and nursing staff, patients, employees and the general public.
- Computer literacy
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental policies and procedures promoting a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates a personal responsibility and commitment to customer service and satisfaction by utilizing communication skills to interact with patients, customers, and staff to develop interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Complies with Sodexo standards. Department maintains a minimum average Gold Check score of silver.
- Performing physical assessments and assessing nutritional needs of patients according to departmental and evidence-based standards.
- Participating in interdisciplinary clinical rounds and programs to provide optimum nutrition care and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrating knowledge and use of current literature and evidence-based guidelines/practices in providing appropriate and competent nutritional care.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of patient outcomes and patient care services to achieve hospital and departmental goals.
- Providing nutrition information to health care professionals, students, patients, caregivers and the community to promote optimal nutritional health and therapeutic outcomes.
- Ensuring age/developmentally appropriate patient care.
- Demonstrating appropriate, competent and timely nutritional care for transplant patients to meet hospital and regulatory standards, as applicable.
- Providing timely outpatient documentation and charging that supports hospital/department standards, as applicable.
- Collaborating routinely to reduce the impact of no-shows and optimize clinic productivity to meet hospital/department goals, as applicable.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.