Clinical Manager, Labor and Delivery
- Job Number: 00160411
- Location: Westerville, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel St. Ann's
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: Night Shift
- Hours: 40
Qualified applicants may submit a resume to Talent Sourcing Partner Tyler Page at firstname.lastname@example.org for expedited consideration.
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
Our Clinical Managers, under the direction of their departmental leadership, plan, organize, staff, and direct patient care on a daily operational basis in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. These front line leaders oversee the day-to-day operations of a given shift staff, including: Registered Nurses, Patient Care Support professionals, Scrub Techs, Unit Coordinators, and more.
What you will do:
- Provides daily clinical/operational oversight to their assigned department/unit/shift.
- Provides professional development and growth opportunities for staff members, problem solves concerns, and promotes our Mount Carmel just culture and culture of safety.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, orienting, counseling and evaluating of all employees, including staff evaluations and goal setting.
- Creates and maintains personnel staffing schedules and equipment and regulatory requirements for a complex Level III Labor and Delivery area.
- Participates in 'leader rounding' on patients and staff alongside other clinicians, leaders, and patient experience professionals as well as direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates closely with neighboring departments and units to provide exceptional continuity of care and 24 hour accountability.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum/Preferred Education Requirement - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Licensure Requirement - Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
- Two or more years of recent and relevant clinical experience required.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.