Functions in a highly specialized area of nursing as an Assistant and Instructor under the direct supervision of an Anesthesiologist. Provides safe quality age appropriate anesthesia using established guidelines of clinical privileges approved by the Chairman of the Anesthesia Department. Administers direction, supervision, and evaluation of Student Nurse Anesthetist.
Registered Nurse (RN). Graduate of an accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia and certified or eligible for certification by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists. None required for beginning practitioner.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of North Carolina. Current CRNA, BCLS, and ACLS certifications.
- This position qualifies for a $36,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Click here to learn more!
- This position qualifies for $5,000 in relocation assistance, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrates perioperative response to age appropriate patient needs.
- Supervises, instructs and evaluates Student Nurse Anesthetists to promote the growth of CRNA’s in the healthcare field.
- Documents appropriately according to departmental and hospital standards.
- Maintains flexibility with scheduling, promptness and readiness with equipment and case.
- Professionalism through teamwork and support.
- Conserves resources to address cost containment.
- Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Communication skills including verbal, non-verbal, and listening skills
Good technical skills in intubating and insertion of invasive lines
Works with anesthetic gases
Subject to highly stressful environment
Moderate to high noise environment
Clean, well lit environment
Cold or hot climates
Long clinical hours
OR is principle work place
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.