Clinical Educator - Critical Care
- Job Number: 00179110
- Location: Grove City, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel Grove City
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Hours: 40
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
The Clinical Educator, within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization. The Clinical Educator provides consultation and education to patients, families, staff and physicians regarding the care of patients, assumes a leadership role in issues relating to patient care and acts as a change agent to support institutional initiatives pertaining to the care of patients.
- Assesses the learning needs of associates within patient care settings in order to plan, organize, coordinate and participate in development and/or teaching of programs to meet those identified needs
- Consults with the manager regarding patient and staff clinical issues and assists with recommendations
- Acts as a resource for staff regarding critical thinking, equipment use and problem solving regarding clinical situations
- Develops, reviews, and revises standards of care, policies, procedures, practice guidelines, and protocols of care to reflect current evidence based practice and changing technology
- Promotes, participates in, or conducts on-going research in clinical practice.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff members
- Acts as a resource person for staff members in developing, completing and publishing clinical research.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution; Clinical Nurse Specialist Preferred
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio; Professional certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent experience in area of specialization preferred
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrates ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member and able to manage stressful situations
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Share job opportunities with family and friends through email.
With fraudulent internet hiring schemes increasing in frequency, please be aware that neither Trinity Health nor any of its entities will ever try to collect funds from a candidate or new hire. If you see a suspicious posting or are concerned about a recruiting interaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via live chat at jobs.trinity-health.org.