Clinical Education/Resource Nurse | Winston-Salem Campus, ED
Schedule: Full-time, 8 hour days
JOB SUMMARY: Assists with implementing all necessary actions to ensure collection and maintenance of patient care related data so continuing improvement of patient care occurs resulting in optimal clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction as well as the achievement of the objectives of an effective State and Federal Regulatory Agency standards compliance program. Education is provided based on team/patient needs including skill based competency, equipment use expertise, and/or clinical assessment competency. Coordinates and collaborates with the Perioperative Clinical Educator/ Quality and Resource Manager regarding unit staff education, curriculum development, implementation, maintenance and support.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of North Carolina required.
1. Designs educational programs and practice activities that allow students to achieve learning and performance objectives.
2. Reinforces policies and procedures, protocols and guidelines with nursing staff.
3. Coordinates and produces quality assurance data collection tools, quality data graphs, and educational opportunities related to quality measures to provide optimal patient care outcomes. Acts as a resource for staff regarding quality assessment and improvement activities.
4. Provides population specific team educational programs in informal, on-site settings.
5. Ensures the quality of professional services by demonstrating and maintaining competency through updating knowledge and skills and continuing professional growth.
6. Communicates in an effective, positive and professional manner.
7. Collaborates with Perioperative Clinical Educator /Quality and Resource Manager, clinical coordinator and preceptors to design, implement and evaluate the team orientation plan.
8. Serves as a resource/liaison for the Surgical Service Department, Medical Center, Medical Students, PAs and Physicians related to educational needs.
9. Provides age-developmental appropriate care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Guidelines for the age groups served when participating in patient care.
10. Assists with the designing and implementing of a plan for monitoring compliance with patient care requirements, polices, processes, Federal and State regulations and The Joint Commission standards.
- Effective oral, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Delegation skills
- Knowledge of policies and procedures
- Ability to synthesize and prioritize knowledge
- Ability to tailor teaching to different learning styles
- Subject to many interruptions
- Subject to irregular hours
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.