Clinical Data Analyst - Quality Outcomes - Lexington Medical Center - Full-time
This position is responsible for supporting multiple, strategic, complex, cross-boundary projects, services and associated deliverables related to data analysis activities in support of the Quality Management team objectives. Will act as internal consultant in the identification, implementation, and/or development of clinical, quality, and financial analytical models to demonstrate value and/or increase the value of services. Will function as a strategic and tactical resource.
Responsible for data abstraction of medical charts to meet regulatory compliance of quality metrics with the experience to analysis and report data outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent in healthcare related, business or technical discipline.
- Masters in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred but not required.
- Experience with data abstraction in hospital EMR for core measures and other quality metrics.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
- Black Belt(BB) certification preferred.
- RN or other clinical certification preferred but not required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledge of statistical models and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate degree of computer competency required
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with hospital staff
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards and CMS Regulations
- Strong statistical and process improvement experience
- Ability to work both independently, as part of a team, and/or as leader of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
1. Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Health (WFBH) Values and Code of Conduct, while participating in the planning and implementation of the organization-wide performance improvement programs. Contributes to compiling, analyzing, documenting, and reporting the hospital’s annual performance improvement initiatives. Serves as a resource and assists with determining processes to monitor and identify performance measures at the departmental level.
2. Demonstrates leadership in the areas of data collection and entry for compliance with external comparative databases, such as Vizient, Joint Commission, CMS, Leapfrog, and other agencies and develops measurement and improvement strategies as needed. Collaborates with Quality Manager to identify external measurement systems with indicators that provide the greatest opportunity for improvement.
3. Perform statistical data analyses, as well as, validate the accuracy, consistency and integrity of the statistical output. Data collection and analysis of various quality metric including but not limited to Core Measures, National Patient Safety Goals, and Disease Specific Certifications. Maintains expertise of data abstraction specifications and emerging trends in quality and reporting activities. Ensures immediate action is taken on issues identified through chart review.
4. Serves as a resource to aid in the development and implementation of ongoing processes for measuring and assessing the quality and appropriateness of care. Assists the Quality Manager in designing education for leadership and staff relative to performance improvement activities.
5. Statistical/data management related regulatory requirements and practices.
6. Provide statistical and data management input into protocol development or as needed
7. Oversee data management activities for assigned projects. Serve as primary contact between clinical leadership and performance improvement activities.
8. May assist with review for clinical study protocols and statistical/data management documents generated by others.
9. Lead assigned projects by applying project management skills, statistical and data management techniques to facilitate better decision making, improve business operations and discover, improve, develop new methods of data dissemination.
10. Plan, develop and monitor timelines for statistical and data management activities in accordance with clinical activities for assigned projects.
11. Assists leadership with conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or Apparent Cause Analysis (ACA) of serious safety events or other patient and/or process concerns. Facilitates resolutions for RL6 incident reports and classification of serious safety events. Performs as a Safety Coach and attends Safety Coach meetings.
12. Assumes responsibility for self-directed professional growth. Maintains current in new trends and techniques in performance improvement. Participates in professional organizations, continuing education, and professional meetings to keep abreast of current performance and quality improvement knowledge.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-2424. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.