Chief Medical Officer - Mount Carmel Grove City
- Job Number: 00167781
- Location: Grove City, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel Grove City
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Hours: 40
Interested and Qualified Physician Leaders should send a resume and letter of intent to Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Kendall Hutchison at email@example.com At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Position Reports to: Hospital Campus President and Chief Operating Officer
Our Chief Medical Officer (CMO) provides clinical insight into the strategic initiatives developed by the senior leadership team and constituents. They participate in the development, enhancement, and propagation of the vision and strategic direction of Mount Carmel Health System, and Trinity Health as a whole. This clinical leader creates an effective working relationship within the campus, among our medical staffs, and within our senior leadership team and they serve as a spokesperson for the views of physicians practicing at Mount Carmel. The CMO also serves as an active member of the campus executive team, ensuring that campus goals are achieved in alignment with the Mount Carmel and Trinity objectives.
- Serve as the campus physician champion for performance improvement, regulatory compliance related to physician matters, disciplinary matters, and complaint resolution.
- Assist elected medical staff leadership in addressing peer review, professional behavior and clinical quality issues.
- Collaborate with medical leadership to enhance consistency in medical staff governance across the System
- Work with Medical Staff Services in assuring compliance with medical staff credentialing requirements.
- Integrate physician practices through a spectrum of methods to create an interdependent relationship of healthcare delivery for the community.
- Partner with Residency program directors in providing exemplary Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs at the campus.
- Participate as requested in Trinity Health clinical initiatives, including championing the adoption and implementation of Epic.
- Facilitate collaboration between the medical staff and hospital associates.
- Create a learning environment for ongoing physician leadership development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education/Licensure: Board certified physician (MD or DO). Master of Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or Public Health preferred.
- Continuing medical education in physician executive leadership courses highly preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years in practice as a licensed physician.
- Experience in a leadership role, either as an elected representative of a medical staff and/or in a compensated position by a healthcare delivery system for at least four (4) years.
- Experience working and leading teams in a complex, highly integrated health care delivery setting preferred.
- Experience with physician performance improvement and clinical outcomes management
- Demonstrated ability to control expenses, improve productivity, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Proven skills as an effective team member, leader and facilitator of collaboration.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.