Provides leadership, coordination, and support for the patient care unit for a defined shift. Responsibilities include accountability for the quality of care delivery, patient progression, service excellence, and workplace experience. Partners with the Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Manager to achieve goals to improve quality of care.
Candidate must be a highly motivated team player with excellent critical thinking abilities. Candidate must also be able to work in a fast paced environment caring for our patients while maintaining a compassionate attitude at all times.
The added responsibilities of this role include leadership, coordination, and support for the patient care unit on the defined shift. Additionally, accountability for quality of care delivered, patient progression, service excellence, and work place experience. Candidate should partner with leadership team to achieve goals to improve quality of care.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Two years' experience in nursing required
- BSN preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
- TNCC required within the first six months.
- BCLS certification required.
- PALS ceritification required.
1. Provides primary leadership in the coordination of nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and facilitates the integration of services across the continuum of care. Collaborates with PLAC to facilitate appropriate and timely patient placement.
2. Collaborates effectively by developing collegial relationships and communicating information effectively. Encourages communication and serves as a resource to staff and other departments.
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients, self, co-workers, and facility in conjunction with the Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager. Facilitates the Care Delivery Model by monitoring the quality/safety outcomes, and implementing the performance improvement measures for identified metrics. Ensures compliance with organizational and regulatory compliance initiatives.
4. Ensures care is delivered with respect for patient's rights and preferences. Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and security for patients and staff. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, collaborates with Service Excellence to promote service recovery, and empowers staff in decision-making through shared governance.
5. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager in monitoring staffing and supplies for designated shift. Assures nursing workload is measured and resources are allocated based on industry benchmarks and patient needs to optimize the provision of quality, cost effective care. Facilitates and monitors the appropriate utilization of staff based on credentialing, education and experience.
6. Ensures a biogenic environment that stimulates the ongoing professional development of staff in accordance with the principles of Shared Governance, Theory of Human Caring, and professional practice. Develops and fosters relationships that support the continuous enhancement of care delivery, and patient and staff satisfaction through a professional practice environment of mutual respect.
7. Demonstrates value for professional nursing practice including the utilization of current standards, the nursing process and patient advocacy. In collaboration with the Nurse Manager takes responsibility for continuing education, developing best practices and maintaining the highest level of patient care and staff development.
8. Fosters a patient centered professional work environment through the implementation of Caring Science, the nursing process, staff development and collaborative team interactions for the enhancement of the quality of patient care.
9. Ensures/provides appropriate patient care in accordance with specific patient population. Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of the needs of the patient population specific to the defined clinical area. Maintains competency related to patient population and identifies strategies to meet related needs.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and supervise clinical nursing care delivery
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
- Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
- Ability to work effectively with the team
- Clean, well lit, and comfortable climate
- Potential exposure to contamination with bloody or bodily fluids, requiring protective equipment
- Highly stressful, dynamic conditions
- Required Protective Equipment: eye/face protection, gown, mask, and gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.