Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)Job ID 2019-5910 Shift Various FTE 1.0 Start/End of Daily Work Schedule Varied Type Full Time Facility Prince George's Hospital Center Department 136724-Anesthesiology
Performs inductions of anesthesia and maintains anesthesia at required levels; Supports life functions during periods in which anesthesia is administered, including airway support and intubation; Recognizes and takes appropriate corrective action and seeks consultation with Anesthesiologist as needed; Performs technically accurate and responsible regional blocks.
- Interviews patient, reviewing chart, checking laboratory results and results of any pre-op test ordered.
- Determines ASA classification.
- Formulates anesthesia care plan based on patient outcome.
- Consults with anesthesiologist for approval and sign-off.
- Assembles and checks anesthesia equipment in all areas of hospital as required. Recognizes the need for invasive monitoring and route of insertion applicable to each specific patient and surgical procedure; participates in assembly and insertion of CVP, SwanGanz, arterial lines and other necessary monitoring.
- Re-assesses ASA classification immediately before induction.
- Administers general and monitored anesthesia care (MAC) accurately and safely, including ASA levels 3.4 and 5, emergencies, trauma cases, OB anesthesia and pediatric anesthesia.
- Assembles equipment and medication for regional anesthesia and monitors and administers regional anesthesia in conjunction with the anesthesiologist.
- Monitors and evaluates physiological functions, recognizing abnormal patient response to anesthesia and adjunctive medications; communicates significant changes in status, fluid intake, urine output, blood loss, lab results, etc. to supervising Anesthesiologist.
- Recognizes, reports to supervising Anesthesiologist and records hazards and unsafe situations.
- Recognizes emergency situations, initiating appropriate intervention, reports to supervising Anesthesiologist and records.
- Demonstrates ability to work in stressful environment by prioritizing and implementing corrective action based on the situation.
- Provides observation, monitoring and resuscitation of patients en route to recovery room or special care unit according to protocol.
- Provides concise, comprehensive anesthesia report to recovery room or unit nurse.
- Completes anesthesia record, narcotic sheet and other required records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in departmental Quality Assurance program, including completion of the anesthesia complications form, according to protocol.
- Participates in departmental in-service education program.
- Responds quickly to trauma and code calls throughout hospital.
- Demonstrates skill in intubation and airway.
- Participates in resuscitation efforts as needed.
Licensed as a professional nurse and CRNA within the State of Maryland.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Graduate of school of Nurse Anesthesia accredited by Council on Accreditation of American Association of Nurse Anesthetist. Successfully has passed qualifying exam for certification as a nurse anesthetist.
Re-certified every two years by the Council on Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists.
Obtains and maintains privileges through the Medical Staff.
*UM CAPITAL REGION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DECISIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE NOT BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS.*