Central Sterile TechJob ID 2019-5666 Shift Various FTE .1 Start/End of Daily Work Schedule 0700 - 0700 Type Per Diem (PRN) Facility Prince George's Hospital Center Department 236718-Central Sterile Processing
Receives, checks and stores medical supplies. Decontaminates and cleans reusable items and medical equipment according to Department procedures. Examines sterilized supplies for damage and expiration. Packages supplies for damage and expiration. Packages supplies for sterilization. Maintains Department records for proper charging to areas serviced.
- Retrieves, cleans, and decontaminates instruments, medical equipment, and supplies.
- Process, assembles and sterilizes instruments, medical equipment, supplies and linen.
- Stores, distributes, orders and receives instruments, medical equipment and supplies.
- Performs and documents quality control measures.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Performs clerical duties.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Successful completion of Central Sterilization course work and eligibility to obtain Central Sterilization Certification within 6 months of hire. Current certified Central Sterile Technician preferred
- One year experience in a clinical setting
- Basic knowledge of surgical instrumentation and medical terminology
*UM CAPITAL REGION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DECISIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE NOT BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS.*