Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Req. Number: 2018-18894
- Posted Date: 10/29/2018
- Shift: 1-Day
- Work Schedule: 6:00a-2:30p & 3:00p-11:30p
- Hours: 40 hours per pay period
- Address: 1600 E. High St.
- City, State: Pottstown, PA
- Department: Sterile Supply
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
Performs all aspects of Sterile Processing including decontamination, inspection, packaging/prep, and sterilization of instruments and equipment in accordance with AAMI and AORN standards.
- Decontaminates instruments and equipment according to established policies and procedures in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operates mechanical equipment to decontaminate instruments, equipment and other items as required.
- Uses manual method to decontaminate instruments, equipment and other items as required.
- Inspects instruments and other components for cleanliness and proper functioning prior to wrapping.
- Assembles trays and packs according to specifications and established procedures for designated areas.
- Incubates and monitors biologicals according to established procedures.
- Assures incubation documentation is complete and accurate; Initiates appropriate procedure for recall if positive biological is observed.
Schedule: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) and will include at least one weekend per month as well as at least two holidays per year. This is subject to change.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year experience in Sterile Processing Department
- Medical/Dental assistant experience with sterile technique training preferred
- Sterile Processing Technician Certification required or within 1 year of employment