The Care Coordinator will support MMG Primary Care Practices, Physicians, and staff (“Patient Care team”) in various quality driven projects and act as an extension of the Patient Care team to help MMG achieve quality driven goals. The Care Coordinator participates in planning, providing, and evaluating patient care at the appropriate skill level. The position has a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant.
The Care Coordinator works under the direction of the MMG Care Coordination Clinical Manager and in coordination with the Patient Care Team to outreach to patients whose clinical measures need to be addressed. This individual will partner with MMG Primary Care physician offices to help achieve benchmarks for patient care and maintain/improve quality of care delivery across multiple payers and patient populations.
- Educate and train Patient Care team on standardized operational workflows, developed in coordination with Care Coordination Clinical Manager, to close gaps in care and ultimately optimize quality metrics as measured by various value-based care programs
- Partner with the Patient Care team to assist patients in completing health screens and address preventive care measures that are not yet completed
- Support the Patient Care team as needed by outreaching to Patients with clinical measures needing to be addressed, to either address clinical measures over the telephone or scheduling an office visit for the Patients to address the clinical measures
- Update preventive health screens and clinical measures that have been determined as completed in the EMR, as needed
- Communicate regularly with interdisciplinary team members to coordinate/update a patient’s care
- Maintain accurate tracking log of patients who have been outreached and status of their preventive health screens and clinical measures
- Participate in various quality driven initiatives within MMG and collaborate together to achieve high level patient outcomes
- Submit data to external agencies as directed by Care Coordination Clinical Manager
- Explain the importance of preventive health screens and clinical measures to patients and families
- Perform as needed all duties at the expert level within the scope of a Medical Assistant’s scope of practice
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinate patient care as directed by provider, and policies/procedures
- Rotate clinic to clinic within MMG locations as assigned by Care Coordination Clinical Manager
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Medical Assistant Certification required
- Experience of at least 5 years as a Certified Medical Assistant
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS certification.
- Proven ability to mentor others
- Expert in computer literacy in electronic health record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- HEDIS Quality Measures experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to invest in a change process to improve efficiencies
Graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants.
National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification or obtained certification within 90 days of hire date.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS (CPR) Certification required from AHA (American Heart Association)