Cardiovascular Specialist Technician
Cardiovascular Specialist/ RTR-CI /RCIS/CVT. ACLS/BLS. Scrub, circulate and monitor cath patients, specialty procedures as well as potential Vascular/Cardiothoracic surgery patients performed in the Hybrid Lab.
Renders care to assigned patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) including assisting with direct patient care activities; preparing and stocking the Operating Room before and after surgery; gathering clean and sterile supplies; setting up sterile instrument fields; maintaining and monitoring aseptic techniques.
Graduation from a Surgical Technology program or from an accredited school of Nursing.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required. Certification in specialty area preferred.
1. Ensures quality patient care, safety, and advocacy through critical thinking, anticipation and management of case specific needs, under direct supervision of the RN.
2. Ensures complete, accurate and timely care, cleanliness and management of instruments, equipment and supplies.
3. Communicates to the team, co-workers and patients in an effective, positive and professional manner. Demonstrates effective, positive, professional manners while exercising verbal and nonverbal communication to the multidisciplinary team, co-workers, and patients.
4. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance, professional growth and development.
5. Demonstrates cost containment activities of instruments and inventory.
- Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
- Systems for patient safety
- Technology/informatics skills
- Practice Innovation
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-2424. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.